Sunday, January 6, 2008

Don't think twice, it's all right.

The past few weeks have been crazy busy, hence the lack of posts. But I'm back at it, thanks to some harassing from a fellow blogger. Christmas was nice, a quiet day at my house with my parents, brother and grandparents. Both sides of my family used to have giant parties on Christmas day, on opposite sides of town, which always made for a stressful, hectic holiday. I do miss getting together with everyone, but I kind of like it better this way. It's really quite fabulous to not have to leave your house on Christmas.

After that, I went to New York for a few days to visit my friend John. He moved to Brooklyn something like a year and a half ago and I still hadn't made it out for a visit, so I finally went and had a lot of fun. I got to see the Rockefeller Center tree, which was beautiful and gigantic, along with some other touristy things. Really though, I had the most fun just hanging out with John and his friends. They are some very sarcastic, witty boys and they made me laugh a lot.

This was my fourth time visiting the city, but the first time that I had to get around by myself. It was an interesting experience. I got very lost multiple times, but eventually figured it out (after multiple texts/phone calls to John saying "Where the hell am I supposed to go?!") It was kind of invigorating to be so completely out of my comfort zone for a few days. Things like that always make me appreciate home and I think I needed that.

Most of New Year's was spent arguing about the lack of plans and inability to make a decision about what to do (just like every year, I really dislike the holiday), but turned out pretty OK in the end. Then came the Ice Bowl! One of the best days of my life, the experience was incredible. It would have been nice to win, but it really didn't matter. The stadium looked awesome, the crowd was bursting with positive energy, even the players and coaches were in awe. It was all very, very cool and I hope they bring it back to Buffalo again some time. Thank you to Nicole for asking me to go and being the best Ice Bowl companion a girl could ask for.

Going back to work after 10 days off wasn't pleasant, but things are going a little better. I know that I have support from the people in my department and that's really the most important thing. I've had absolutely no problem adjusting to post-school life, although I do miss my friends. We're all busy, but I think we'll manage to stay in touch.

I think that's it for now. The Sabres play a rare Sunday afternoon game today, which I am looking forward to curling up on the couch and watching, with a little playoff football action in between periods. I heart Sundays.

No comments: