Sunday, November 30, 2008

So Much To Be Thankful For

Thanksgiving weekend is always crazy, fun, exhausting and one of my favorite times of the year. It's the official kick-off to the holiday season and there is so much going on. I know it's cheesy, but it's also the perfect time to pause for a moment and reflect on the many things to be thankful for. Here's my list:
  • That I finished the 8K Turkey Trot almost ten minutes faster than last year. OK, it still took me 1:15:13, ranking 600 out out of 647 in my age group, but it's an improvement damn it!
  • My job. Times are tough and I'm lucky enough to not only get a pay check every two weeks, but to actually enjoy my work and the people I do it with.
  • All of my friends and family are healthy and we can celebrate another holiday season together.
  • My parents. They're awesome and I don't thank them enough for their awesomeness.
  • Staying in touch with friends. It's hard to do sometimes, but you find away to stay connected to the ones that matter most.
  • The urge to clean, consolidate and get rid of junk. It's a project I was putting off for a long time and I've been on a roll lately! Organizing your physical space has a funny way of helping you organize other parts of your life.

No comments: