Monday, June 1, 2009

A Really Goode Job

Hello my long lost blog! I haven't posted anything here in a long time because I've been busy working on a professional resume blog. It took a lot of work, but it's finally ready to be shared with the world. Check it out at http://erincollins.wordpress.com and feel free to send it around.

So much has happened in the past few months. I started a twitter account, my user name is @erbear if you're interested in my ramblings in 140 characters or less. Softball season started and our team is currently 0-4, but last week's game was lost in OT so it doesn't really count. I went to see Dave Matthews Band and it was a fantastic, albeit soggy show. Oh, and I lost my job.

Yes, that's right. I got laid off thanks to the economy and budget issues with my former employer. And it hurt. But, there is no time to wallow in misery (although wallow is a fun word). The job search is in high gear, I'm looking for public relations, marketing and communications jobs all over the place. Ideally, I'd like to get an awesome job that pays fabulously in San Francisco but we'll see how that goes. I also like New York, Washington D.C., Boston and Chicago. I'm not completely opposed to staying in Buffalo either if the right opportunity comes along.

That is unless I get my dream job. Check this out, Murphy-Goode winery in Sonoma County is holding a contest for A Really Goode Job. They're looking for a social media guru to be their Wine Country Lifestyle Correspondent for six months. The winning applicant gets to learn from the wine making experts, explore the vineyard and surrounding areas, and use social media to promote the winery and tell everyone about their adventures. They pay isn't bad either.

With the help of my friends Nikki, Jesse and Jeremy Horst, I made a video to submit. It's pretty funny, at least we think so. Please vote for me and if I win, you can visit! Watch the video and vote here. My favorite part is the wine bottle guy. All of the artwork was one by Jesse Horst, he's an awesome artist. Check him at at www.jdhorst.com.

No comments: